bk 2.4-test7 broken

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 16 17:09:03 EST 2000

Andreas Tobler wrote:
[]
> A previous test on linux-pmac-devel(2.4.0-test5) was successful (until
> to the adaptec...), so I tought the changes got in in bk too. Nop, a
> reminder on a previous mail from Takashi I checked the time.c in
> arch/ppc/kernel. The 'mftb' call is still there..... (which the 601
> doesn't likes/understands)
>
> So I think a merge between linuxcare-devel and bk isn't done up to now...

Just for the record: I compiled and run OK both
- linux-pmac-devel as rsynced right now (version 2.4.0-test6)
- linux-bk-devel as of 3 days ago (version 2.4.0-test5)

For those of you who get up to "freeing kernel memory": Did you see the
patch on the linux-kernel mailing list for fs/exec.c
http://boudicca.tux.org/hypermail/linux-kernel/latest/0266.html?
A similar patch is contained in the latest (test7-pre4) patch from
Linus.

I am now trying to back out the recent changes to softirq&Cie...

--
Martin