Backlight control on Lombard PB

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Aug 10 03:22:10 EST 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > I saw a couple of posts from people who seem to have the recent kernels
> > (2.2.17pre1[3-5]-ben1) running on a 1999 Powerbook.
> > Unfortunately, I have still the same problems with the backlight control
> > that first appeared with 2.2.17pre10-ben1, i.e.
> >
> >  1. {Fn-,}F[12] don't adjust brightness
> >  2. After wakeup from sleep, the backlight remains dark
>
> Should be fixed in BenH's current tree, he said he was going to do it this
> past weekend. The pmu backlight controller didn't get registered on the
> Lombard (and possibly Wallstreet) because the backlight-control property
> is missing on these machines.

So we were just lucky that it used to work before?

It should be in the linux-pmac-benh branch then, yeah? I rsynced again
from linuxcare.com.au yesterday (or rather 2:00 UT this morning), and the
problem still remains. Is there anything else to do, upgrade to a newer
BootX perhaps, or whatever?

Thanks,
							Derek