How to get up-to-speed on the 3D / DRI in Rage 128

Michel Dänzer daenzer at relog.ch
Wed Aug 9 01:59:37 EST 2000

"Kevin B. Hendricks" wrote:

> I have the xf 401 src tar archives and I can get a hold of ani's cvs of the
> xfree86 tree.

I haven't used Ani's patches, and I seem to be the only one running DRI
successfully so far. Maybe better try without them first.

> What other patches/fixes do I need to get going?
>
> - aty128fb.c patches for panning?

Not needed, you can use the full screen.

> - DRI patches?

Yep. What I'm running is the DRI CVS trunk (which is basically X 4.0.1 and
some DRI changes) and a patch that I've posted to dri-devel. If you can't get
it from there, I can send it to you privately or put it up for HTTP download.

(Jack Howarth should have it as well)

> - etc

That's all I can think of ATM.

Good luck Kevin,

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS