How to get up-to-speed on the 3D / DRI in Rage 128

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Wed Aug 9 01:48:52 EST 2000

Hi,

I am about to start the Java 3D port to ppc and wanted to get some accelerated
3D capabilities for rage 128 going first.

I have noticed a few patches fly by recently on exactly this issue (also fixes
to panning, etc).

What is the best way to get up to speed quickly here?

I have the xf 401 src tar archives and I can get a hold of ani's cvs of the
xfree86 tree.

What other patches/fixes do I need to get going?

- aty128fb.c patches for panning?
- DRI patches?
- etc

Any quick pointers would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: We really do need a developers searchable patch archive for major systems
like XFree 4.0, the kernel, drivers, gcc, binutils, glibc, etc

Thanks

Kevin