Getting things in... Was: Re: shifts on 64bit ints

Takashi Oe toe at unlserve.unl.edu
Sat Aug 5 04:32:01 EST 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> I'm an horribly bad web designer, but one cool thing to do if someone is
> good at it, would be a web-pased patch repository. You send patches with
> a web form (eventually an upload mecanism) along with your  email, a
> comment, etc..., they get assigned a patch number automatically, anybody
> can consult the database, and people with write access to BK can mark
> them (accepted, refused, postponed, ... along with a comment) once they
> have been handled.
>
> Any volunteer to design such a site ?

What happened to the BK mailing list?  Is it still closed for non-write
access members of community?  Or does it still exist?

If the BK list were open to people who want to keep track of things, it
can also serve as a patch bucket, since everybody who has the write access
is subscribed to the list automatically.  Also, the archive of the list
can be used as CHANGELOG for rsync only people.

I'm not really against the web site idea, but it's just that there won't
be too many people submitting patches in the first place to warrent the
extra administrative burden on developers with write access to BK, I would
think.

Takashi Oe