keyboard problems

Thomas Graichen news-innominate.list.linux.ppc.dev at innominate.de
Fri Aug 4 22:31:41 EST 2000

Paul Mackerras <paulus at linuxcare.com.au> wrote:

> Thomas Graichen writes:
>>
>> i have a little keyboard problem on my blueberry imac with the
>> standard usb keyboard: whenever i type something very quickly
>> followed by space the typed in will be repeated before the
>> space (best example: i want to type "cd " and get "cdcd ")
>> - this gets a bit annoying - does anybody have the same
>> problem (or even a fix for it) ? - is it more a soft-
>> wareproblem (i hope :-) or maybe a hardwareproblem ?
>> (i had it on all kernels from 2.2.x to 2.4.0-testx)

> It's simply a bug in the USB keyboard driver.  It just means that the
> driver isn't coping with the "overflow" code that the keyboard sends
> when it has too many keys depressed at once.

any chance of this getting fixed in the next time ? - any patch
around to try ? (because it's close to unuseable for me this
way :-)

thomas.graichen at innominate.de
Technical Director                                       innominate AG
Clustering & Security                                networking people
tel: +49.30.308806-13  fax: -77                   http://innominate.de