Upload an image file

yuval yuval at jungo.com
Fri Aug 4 03:37:38 EST 2000

Hello,
I'm trying to install linux on ppc.
I've compiled the kernel and trying to take the image (in
arch/ppc/mbxboot/zImage) and transfer it to the "box", but if I'm using
objcopy to transform it to srecords, the outcome is a file without the
compressed linux image and when the gunzip start, it crash.
if I manually set the image section to be "alloc,load" the section is loaded
to the srecord file but not in the right offset.
I did understood that the srecords convert the addressed from the address
(vma, lma) and not from the offset (the offset is what the make file assign
to the ZIMAGE_OFFSET). this is also the case when I'm using Ice probe to
transfer the image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.