CONFIG_PPC != Mac

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Aug 3 08:02:27 EST 2000

> > Given the flexibility I was used to on m68k[*], I find this a pity as well...
>
> Well, it looks like I opened up a big can of worms...........
>
> I guess this is something that will get discussed as part of
> "restructuring" the PowerPC source tree when we jump into 2.5.xx.

While I also enjoyed the flexibility on m68k, some of it was paid for in
terms of increased complexity in head.S and entry.S (and especially head.S
wasn't a bit pretty). I'm not sure how your trouble with the embedded
systems can be solved, we kept separate head.S versions for Macs and other
machines for a while as well because things just got too confusing. Maybe
we need to keep separate versions for embedded and other systems here?

	Michael