[Xpert] LinuxPPC X Server

Pierre Phaneuf pp at ludusdesign.com
Wed Aug 2 06:54:26 EST 2000

Steffen Haeuser wrote:

> It might still happen... but what would really help me in my
> argumentation in the company to put the LinuxPPC executable "on"
> would be:
>
> - A bugfix so that Fullscreen 640x480
>   works
> - A likely timeframe for first 3D Drivers
>   to be released, which optimally should
>   not be more than 3 months from now
>
> When is the next Beta for the X Server likely to happen, BTW ?

Why do you wait for those bugfix? These are in the server, so if your
code is correct, you could just put it up and make it available, so that
when the X server is fixed, Sin will just work.

In any case, you could make a binary available on your web site later
on, no (a "patch" if you will)?

--
"We aim to make simple things simple and complex things possible."
 -- Alan Kay (on Smalltalk)