CONFIG_PPC != Mac

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Aug 1 02:40:24 EST 2000

> I am fighting with the "new input layer" right now, although I don't
> quite understand why this thing is being inflicted upon innocent ADB
> users.

My question exactly.

> The main problem so far is that I cannot get mouse button emulation to
> work. Has anyone tested this on an ADB keyboard/mouse? Or does it only
> work if one goes over completely to the "linux" keycodes? I don't want
> to do this yet, because it will make my system unusable with any other
> kernel (or maybe unusable at all). Last time I tried, it took me several
> hours to get a usable system back.

ADB keyboard and mouse work (and button emulation works as well) with
CONFIG_NEW_INPUT_LAYER not set. What doesn't work for me anymore is the
USB mouse. The 2.2.17 kernel (rsynced last Thursday) only compiled after I
added a #ifdef CONFIG_MOUSEDEV somewhere in mac_keyb.c as a consequence of
not having CONFIG_NEW_INPUT_LAYER defined. I'd look it up on the Lombard
but the box just crashed on me the second time in a row today. 2.2.17 sure
is exciting.

	Michael