Dual head on a Powerbook

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Apr 26 16:48:53 EST 2000

> I'm trying to connect a projector to the monitor port on the back of my
> powerbook, so I can do a presentation with it.  Anyone have any
> information on dual headed support on powerbooks?  Pismo, LinuxPPC2000,
> 2.2.15pre19

Unless the video controller in that box can handle two ports from one
chipset, you won't get dual headed display. On the Lombard, MacOS seemed
to handle this situation, and I got the display set up in MacOS to show
the same desktop on both screens, then booted Linux and the display came
up on the attached projector only. Somewhat of a hassle but it worked.

	Michael