Dual head on a Powerbook

FASSINO Jean-Philippe jeanphilippe.fassino at rd.francetelecom.fr
Wed Apr 26 16:46:09 EST 2000

Tim Wojtulewicz wrote:

> I'm trying to connect a projector to the monitor port on the back of my
> powerbook, so I can do a presentation with it.  Anyone have any
> information on dual headed support on powerbooks?  Pismo, LinuxPPC2000,
> 2.2.15pre19

I'm doing this using Xpmac and booting with BootX.
First configure external display to be primary in MacOS (be
careful with depth color !).
Next, start Linux which display on external monitor.
This method work only with Xpmac and not with FBDev (3.3.x).

JP

 Jean-Philippe FASSINO              France Telecom R&D : DTL/ASR
 Tel : 04 76 76 45 52
 mailto:jeanphilippe.fassino at francetelecom.fr