2.2.13 build OOB?; need for some standardization here?

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Sep 29 02:48:37 EST 1999

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Sriranga Veeraraghavan wrote:
> I see this is happening already. For example, most commercial products
> for Linux are RH 5.0 or newer. I think that the closer the LinuxPPC
> distributions come to RH for x86 the easier it will be to attract
> commercial software. In the transition from LinuxPPC R4 to LinuxPPC
> R5, I think that the linuxppc.com guys did a pretty good job.

Note that LinuxPPC is not identical to RH 5.0 on ia32.

If you want a distro that's the most identical on al architectures (and
supports the most architectures), then you have to go for Debian. There's no
other distro that runs on all my boxes (m68k, AXP and PPC).

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ----------------- Sony Suprastructure Center Europe (SUPC-E)