[Re: SndConfig for Linux/PPC]

jeramy b smith ultrapenguin at netscape.net
Sun Sep 26 08:46:50 EST 1999

Anirudh Joshi <ajoshi at Glue.umd.edu> wrote:

> 	heh... funny you bring this up, cause just yesterday i decided
> (was coaxed rather) to rewrite the awacs driver.  hopefully when i'm
> finished, it'll be out of dmasound.c and awacs.c will be done The Right
> Way (or whatever way i think is Right :).  anyhow, it'll have all the
> goodies like mixer support, etc...

Still though, how would my program be able to detect the presence of mac style
sound device after your patch hits the tree? I say this because I would like
my program to first scan for PCI cards like the Ensoniq(assuming that if you
have one of these you don't want to use the built in sound), then look for
built-in (some IBM machines won't have this so I need to detect it and not
assume its there), or if neither is found prompt the user to explain why he is
running the program if he doesn't have a sound card.