USB driver not detecting mouse? (lots of detail)

Ira K Weiny iweiny at falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Wed Sep 22 04:11:47 EST 1999

I get similar results with the 2.2 kernel.  Have you tried Paul's patches for
the USB code?  Or I should ask where you got the 2.3 USB code.  I could not get
the 2.3 code to compile with the 2.2 kernel.  But I have the cvs 2.3 which I
know is like bleeding edge and I am sure the directions on the USB-HowTo don't
take that into account.  I get tons of include file missing and symbols
errors...

So I though I would compile it against the 2.3 kernel and see if I can run
that.  Of course now I have to get the 2.3 kernel to actually run!!!

Anyway Paul has patches to the 2.3 USB which take into acount endianes issues
which LinuxPPC needs.

I can look up the web page if you want for the patches.  Alternativly the 2.3
cvs source has the endianess issues in the code and no need to patch, which I
for one can never get to work.  ;-(

Good luck.  If I get anything working I will let you know.
Ira Weiny