Lombard shuts itself off

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sat Sep 18 02:10:56 EST 1999

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999, Josh Huber <huberj at WPI.EDU> wrote:

>It's almost as if the battery gets disconnected sometimes:
>I put the machine to sleep in MacOS, unplug the power strip, put it in
my case,
>and walk around with it for a while, open the case up, and...oh look at that
>the led isn't blinking any more!
>
>Then, the same thing started happening with linux...
>
>It gets to a point where I can't get the machine to boot again without
putting
>the power plug back in.
>
>I was suspicious of a faulty battery bay, so I (temporarily) moved the
battery
>over to the other bay last night -- we'll see how that works.

I have a similar problem with my wallstreet. It seems to survive quite
well when travelling with in bag, but when working with it on my knees, A
brutal move sometimes disconnects the battery.

There is still a possibility of a problem with PMU communication. This
beast is quite sensitive to various timing issues, and when something
goes wrong, it shuts the machine down abruptly.

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh at mipsys.com>