controlfb.c bug in VRAM bank2 check if bank1

Kevin_Hendricks khendricks at admin.ivey.uwo.ca
Thu Sep 16 03:05:10 EST 1999

Hi,

Just to add fuel to the fire (although I am not sure if this is related or not)

My B+W G3 rev2 with 16MB of vram has never ever detected the correct amount.  In
fact, if I run Xconfigurator, it tells me I have less then 1MB of vram and
therefore won't let me use any of the higher resolutions that should work.

The interesting thing is that if I change my bpp via the MacOS, Xconfigurator
reports completely different amounts of vram available and not in any logical
way that I can see.

Any fixes along these lines would be greatly appreciated (this is with Paul's
2.2.10 stable kernel available from his website).

Just thought someone in the know should be told :-)

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology