no more processes crash

brad allison jackal at aol.net
Mon Sep 13 06:15:15 EST 1999

I found the bug here.  AIM (tik) tries to play a sound whenever you get an
Instant Message.  I just noticed that sound is not working on my box.

So all these IM sounds got queued up and hung, resulting in a no more
processes error.

Now I'm not sure why sound doesn't work. I have a G3 rev2 B&W running
Shaw's 2.2.6 kernel.

aumix doesn't seem to be working correctly:
[jackal at isis ~]$ aumix -q
vol 216, 88
speaker 216, 88
line 0, 0, P