Patch for powercomputing keyboards

Jerry Quinn jquinn at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Sep 8 07:09:07 EST 1999

 Simon> Jerry Quinn wrote:
 >> Hi all.  I've put together a hack that allows the CapsLock key on
 >> PowerComputing keyboards to work reasonably as a control key.
 >>
 >> So anyone with a Powercomputing keyboard, please try this out and let me
 >> know what you think.  The patch is against Linus' 2.2.10.  If it seems
 >> good, I think it also will need a configuration, unless someone has a
 >> suggestion on how to make it play nicely with Apple keyboards.

 Simon> Hi,

 Simon> I have a Umax J700 and the patch work perfectly. Thanks a lot for this
 Simon> annoying bug fix! Do you think it will be integrated in the vger
 Simon> and/or samba kernel?

Thanks for the feedback!It's very useful to me as well.

I would like it to go in, especially to the mainline as well as development
kernel.  Can anyone offer some input on how to get it into the vger kernel?

Thanks,
Jerry