SCSI host detected, but not the drive

Hank De Gregorio hcd1 at acpub.duke.edu
Sat Sep 4 07:29:09 EST 1999

i am installing linuxppc-r4 with the redhat installer.

i get this message (and subsequently a frozen screen) *after* i have
chosen my root password and clicked ok to reboot:

change_root: old root has d_count=2
Trying to unmount old root ... <3>error -16
Change root to /initrd: error -2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 88k init 4k pmac 8k open firmware
tty_io.c: process 1 (swapper) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software
to use /
dev/ttyS1
tty_io.c: process 1 (init) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software to
use /dev
/ttyS1
tty_io.c: process 1 (init) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software to
use /dev
/ttyS1
tty_io.c: process 1 (init) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software to
use /dev
/ttyS1
tty_io.c: process 1 (init) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software to
use /dev
/ttyS1

does anyone have a clue what's going on with my system?

hank