LCD stretching partially working!

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Fri Oct 29 06:46:52 EST 1999

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Josh Huber wrote:
> I'm working on getting hardware stretching for the Rage LT chipset
> (wallst. & lombard at least), and have got this far:
>

> In console mode:
> 1. Stretching in the vertical direction works
> 2. stretching in the horiz direction works

Great!

> 3. doing both at the same time appears to work...except for a little
>    screen flicker. (what could cause this?)

Two possible solutions:

  - Does it help if you lower the mclk?
  - Perhaps the display FIFO parameters have to take into account the
    stretching? At least for the horizontal stretching this sounds logical to
    me, i.e. try to use

    xclks_per_row = (pll->mclk_fb_div*pll->vclk_post_div_real*64*hstretch<<11)/
		    (pll->vclk_fb_div*pll->mclk_post_div_real*bpp);

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert at linux-m68k.org

							    -- Linus Torvalds