bypassing MacOS using Open Firmware on Apple pmac G3

Ani Joshi ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com
Thu Oct 28 13:46:05 EST 1999

martin,
	actually, thats exactly all i had to do, funny eh?  got rid of the
update_vm_cache and its been working fine.  I've been using 2.3.22 for a
week or so now, built many kernels which i cp'd numerous times over to one
of my hfs partitions, played many hours of mp3's which reside on another
hfs partition, and i even might have done some deleting of files on my hfs
too.  not a single crash with 2.3.22 so far and my files on hfs aren't
corrupted (yet, heh)...

ani