bypassing MacOS using Open Firmware on Apple pmac G3

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 28 12:34:18 EST 1999

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Ani Joshi wrote:

[...]
>         2.4?  if its 2.3 you mean, hfs works fine with the latest (2.3.22
> on my box is doing hfs fine),
[...]

Amid all the shouting, no one seems to have picked up on this.

Are you serious about hfs running correctly in 2.3.22? If yes, this
would be a major breakthrough. What is your patch (certainly more than
just commenting out the undefined "update_vm_cache")?

If I cp anything to an hfs partition under 2.3.xx (xx >= 18), I get an
immediate system freeze without error message, and I have to force
reboot. Mounting hfs partitions read-only seems to work, though.

--
Martin