Problems compiling ppc kernels.

Mike Panetta mpanetta at realminfo.com
Wed Oct 27 03:47:28 EST 1999

I have been having some real weird problems with compiling
kernels for my iMAC.  I have tried kernel versions 2.2.12, 2.3.23, 2.3.21
And have goten pretty much the same results.  In all these compile attemts
I have had to make drivers/usb/mkmap (2.2.x), or drivers/usb/mkmap.adb (2.3.x)
executable because the Makefile complained that it did not have permissions to
run the script.  After that was fixed I had various linking problems at the
very end of the compile when it was making vmlinux.  Usually pertaining to
mac_floppy or something.  Disabling this in the .config did not help.  It just
went on complaining about other symbols not being found.  Could someone please
point me at some patches or directions on what I am doing wrong?  I have never
had a problem compiling kernels on my i386, except for some of the 2.3.x series.
What am I doing wrong? (it must be me since obviously someone compile a kernel!)

Thanks,
Mike Panetta