SuSE Rage 128 Xserver Source and XFree 3.3.6

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 21 09:23:27 EST 1999

Hi Anthony,

>I have the source, and also Precision Insights additions to it (a bit
>cleaner layout + hw cursor).
>
>I've also started merging into our xf68_fbdev but I won't have any free
>time to continue this (at least for a week or so). The problem is that
>they're using the xaa interface (which never was ported to ppc), so you
>have to wrapper all their accel functions by hand.

Are you allowed to share that source with others?

If so, and if you need help working on it am I sure we could drum up some
volunteers to help write wrapper code for you (myself and Christopher
Shepherd already volunteered to help, and I am sure others would also)!

I am sure both LinuxPPC and YellowDogLinux would love to claim acceleration
for Rage 128 for G3 and G4 systems and they would probably be willing to
lend you a hand too. (How about it Dan and Jason???)

Just say the word.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

Kevin