Linux on sandpoint question

Dan Malek dmalek at jlc.net
Tue Oct 19 07:44:26 EST 1999

Mike Panetta wrote:

> I read through the mailing list archives and I didnt see any refrence
> to linux running on the Sandpoint eval with the MPC7400 CPU...
> Will linux work in this configuration?  If not what parts would need
> to be ported?  If I understand correctly the kernel supports the CPU just
> fine.  Is this true?  Would any drivers need to be ported and what would be
> involved?

I am currently porting the 8240 Sandpoint.  Other than the signal level
considerations between PCI and PMC, there really aren't any driver
differences.  I just happened to pick a PCI Ethernet card that wasn't
supported by PPC, so I had to fix the byte ordering troubles.  All of
the work is in properly programming the PCI bridge, everything else
seems to fall into place.

> I am not on this list so please email me directly.

So.....get on board....You may not have to ask these questions next time.

	-- Dan