controlfb.c bug in VRAM bank2 check if bank1

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Oct 13 16:30:25 EST 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Lou Langholtz wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > Could you check whether that kernel has the patch I posted to this list
> > last month applied?
>
> As you suspect, 2.2.13pre15 does not have your patch. AC's 2.2.13pre15 doesn't
> have any changes at all to it's controlfb.c code. It's still the same as even in
> the kernel distro of 2.2.6 (which is the earliest kernel I still have a copy of
> source for on hand). Given a number of different behavioral characteristics
> people have been describing of kernel's from vger I'd say there's been other
> changes as well that still haven't made it into the Linus or AC distributed
> kernel sources either unfortunately. I'm not in the privvy as far as I know
> however to push these changes into the main stream kernel sources but if you or
> someone else on this lilst is I say: "please, please get the in!". ;-) I guess in
> the meantime I'm going to have to try sucking down the sources from vger but
> given that I've been badly afflicted by the PPP/TCP death march that I and others
> have been discussing I'm unsure I'll succeed at getting the whole thing from
> vger.

Linus accepted all video patches I sent him for 2.3.20.

Note that I assume no responsabilities for the video stuff in 2.2.x. I barely
have time to take care of 2.3.x.

That's the problem with anything besides ia32: we hardly have enough manpower
to work on 2.3.x, so who's taking care of 2.2.x?

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ----------------- Sony Suprastructure Center Europe (SUPC-E)