controlfb.c bug in VRAM bank2 check if bank1

Lou Langholtz ldl at chpc.utah.edu
Wed Oct 13 01:36:36 EST 1999

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Could you check whether that kernel has the patch I posted to this list
> last month applied?

As you suspect, 2.2.13pre15 does not have your patch. AC's 2.2.13pre15 doesn't
have any changes at all to it's controlfb.c code. It's still the same as even in
the kernel distro of 2.2.6 (which is the earliest kernel I still have a copy of
source for on hand). Given a number of different behavioral characteristics
people have been describing of kernel's from vger I'd say there's been other
changes as well that still haven't made it into the Linus or AC distributed
kernel sources either unfortunately. I'm not in the privvy as far as I know
however to push these changes into the main stream kernel sources but if you or
someone else on this lilst is I say: "please, please get the in!". ;-) I guess in
the meantime I'm going to have to try sucking down the sources from vger but
given that I've been badly afflicted by the PPP/TCP death march that I and others
have been discussing I'm unsure I'll succeed at getting the whole thing from
vger.