using ld properly

David Riley happyoscar42 at usa.net
Mon Oct 4 05:19:59 EST 1999

How do I use ld properly (with a Makefile)?  I tried "ld -o heyworld
main.o func.o /usr/lib/crt1.o -lc", but it gives me the output file
heyworld, and when I try to do ./heyworld, it says bash:./heyworld:bad
command or filename (or whatever it says).  it works fine if I do "gcc
-o heyworld *.o" to link it, but I want to be able to link using ld
(just to do iot, you know).  I know gcc calls ld by itself (or does
something similar), but doing gcc -verbose did nothing useful for me.

Thanks,
	David

--
--"Your mouse has been moved.  Windows 95 must be restarted for change
to take effect."