[Fwd: Bug: 2.2.12 still hangs PPC after some PPP activity]

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Fri Oct 1 23:26:45 EST 1999

At 22:00 29.09.99 , Lou Langholtz wrote:
>I just locked up my system and had to reboot. The above change then
>doesn't seem
>to fix the system hangs. On the other hand I never did see the "FB. overflow"
>message at least.

Hmm, in the recent kernels Paul changed the code to only print the FB
message once! For me these lockups (I'm using vger nearly unmodified) are
gone since quite a while, but I don't really know a reason why. The major
specialties on my 7200/75 are:

- disabled syslog's fsync'ing of /var/log/messages (this prevents the
amplifying effect of the FB messages)
- all major stuff is compiled with gcc-2.95.2pre

Franz.