dmasound problems

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Tue Nov 30 11:42:09 EST 1999

BenH wrote:

> I tried reproducing the complete init-cleanup-init sequence in
> dmasound_init() without luck (weird...). There must be some kind of
> timing issue out there, or I missed something. I don't know the AWACS
> chip very well so it's difficult to guess.

If these are actually a power and reset to the audio codec, there
are timing constraints.  Usually, you have to power up and hold
reset at least 50 milliseconds before releasing reset (Crystal
codec specs).

This is why it may work with XMON if you set/clear bits
individually, but not work when you run the code.

	-- Dan