again 2.3.28

Ani Joshi ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com
Thu Nov 18 06:39:33 EST 1999

	i messed aroudn with .28 last night and it seems to die *after*
mmu_init but before start_kernel, you can test this by making and export a
function which simply prom_print("got here\n");'s and then calling it from
head.S with the asm "bl	my_got_here_function".  it also gets passed

thats all i could do last nite cause i left my serial cable at work :(
what i would suggest is that you first apply my arch/ppc/mm/init.c fix and
then use a serial debug console (make sure you have this in your kernel),
and use kernel arg "console=ttyS0" and have a machine with a terminal
running nearby.  it could be dieing early in start_kernel...

ani