gdbserver ?

Dan Malek dmalek at jlc.net
Sat Nov 6 14:10:29 EST 1999

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> has anybody ever tried to build gdbserver for a PPC target?

I placed a tar image of just the gdbserver sub-directory on ppc.kernel.org.
It is in the embedded directory.  The binary is built for an R4 system.
The code is from a 4.17 version of gdb.  I believe all of the changes
are in low-linux.c.

It works with the latest kernels, and I also built an out-of-the-box
version of Cygnus Insight on a LinuxPPC 1999 host that worked fine with
it.

I hope someone that knows more about this than I can make these changes
look prettier and ensure it finds its way into a standard release.

Have fun.

	-- Dan