AWACS Bug

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Tue May 25 20:42:15 EST 1999

On Mon, May 24, 1999, Scott Sams <sbsams at eos.ncsu.edu> wrote:

>Paul Mackerras <paulus at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> What's happening is I think the same as what happens on the iMac: when
>> you run the BootX app to boot linux, and it asks macos to shut down,
>> macos shuts down the awacs, in such a fashion that the only thing that
>> will start it up again is a hard reset. :-(

I do have a fix for that but this fix is still not tested and not in
BootX. I'll try to find some time to finish sometimes this week. (The fix
is a hack: I patch the MacOS burgundy driver to prevent the shutdown.
Also this works only with versions of the driver that do export their
function names thru the TOC, which may not be the case of future versions).

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh at mipsys.com>