Mac-on-Linux

David A. Gatwood marsmail at globegate.utm.edu
Sat May 22 12:35:21 EST 1999

Quick question: what is the nature of the kernel support for mac-on-linux?
Some folks in the MkLinux camp have been discussing writing equivalent
2.0.xx kernel code that works through mach.  I know that it will likely
need to be able to map the ROMs into user space.  I also suspect that
handling code (which could be very messy, but we'll cross that bridge when
we get to it) and possibly the memory management code.  Beyond that, what
other hurdles are there?

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                         Visit globegate's internet
dgatwood at globegate.utm.edu                  talker, Deep Space 36
http://globegate.utm.edu                telnet globegate.utm.edu:9624