Umax S900 CD Rom problems...

Velasquez, Carlos cv49989 at imcnam.sbi.com
Fri May 21 05:23:00 EST 1999

Hello,

Has anyone successfully installed  Linux on a Umax S900 Mac clone? If so,
can you share your stories with me? I am having problems installing Linux on
my Umax S900 (225 Mhz ppc with 162Meg ram, ixMicro Twin Turbo 8Meg video
card.) Apparently, when I try to do a CD install, the installer doesn't
recognize the CD Rom device. I believe I have a Matshita CD rom drive
installed as an internal SCSI device (bus 0, Id 4).

Also, has anyone had any success installing Linux from a Jazz drive? Any
help will be greatly appreciated!

Carlos