OF booting news

Jerry Quinn jquinn at nortelnetworks.com
Thu May 20 00:49:40 EST 1999

Tom Rini wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 1999, Jerry Quinn wrote:
>
> > Umm, any news about Platinum drivers?  Otherwise, a revised loader still
> > wouldn't be very useful on 7200 class machines.
>
> There were many of patches in there.  I wasn't aware the 7200 OF was
> broken.  The source is the boot part of darwin, in SecondaryLoader, iirc.

I think the issue is that there isn't an OF driver at all for the
platinum controller.  With the old OF booting through quik, nothing
could display on the screen until linux took control, which was one
reason why BootX is a huge improvement (as is MkBooter for mklinux).

Unless I'm getting the issues wrong (always a possibility :-)

--
Jerry Quinn                             Tel: (514) 761-8737
jquinn at nortelnetworks.com               Fax: (514) 761-8505