VGER kernels

Cort Dougan cort at ppc.kernel.org
Sun May 16 09:14:44 EST 1999

I'd very much recommend no-one uses 2.3.x for a while.  It's likely unstable
and definitely unable to compile in most configurations for PowerPC.

I'll try to backport the important stuff to 2.2.x but that's a lot of work
and I don't know how well I'll be able to keep up with it.

} I've noticed a few mails recently about problems compiling 2.3.x from
} vger.  I think it should be pointed out that you most likely (Unless Cort
} or Paul wishes to contradict me) don't want to be running 2.3.x on your
} machine for day to day use.  It's the devel branch, and it subject to
} crashing and other problems.  You will most likekly want (and I hope Cort
} and/or Paul will keep up w/ the 2.2.x branch as well..) to run your cvs
} updates as: