ide-pmac

nathan ingersoll ningerso at d.umn.edu
Sun May 16 04:00:44 EST 1999

I think I found a problem with the cvs kernel. The function
pmac_ide_init_hwif_ports used to be passed a variable called base (as of
2.2.9) the 2.3.1 kernel's version does not get passed this parameter, but
it still references the variable.

If I'm reading it right, the line
	unsigned long base;
needs to be moved from pmac_ide_probe to the top and declared as global to
the file. Making this change has allowed me to get a little further in
compiling a new kernel.

Is there any reason not to do this? I'm not an experienced kernel
developer, so please put me in my place if I'm off base here. ;-)

Thanks,

Nathan