USB under LinuxPPC

Derek Moeller moeller at networksplus.net
Thu May 6 06:55:50 EST 1999

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Sriranga Veeraraghavan wrote:

> > Er, SMP uusbd?  uusbd currently doesn't have all the locking requires for
> > SMP to work. Linus' simple USB code might work on SMP, but doens't have an
> > OHCI driver that works yet.
>
> I tried to make some simple patches to the uusb code to support
> locking using the same locking strategy as the vmscan.c and other
> kernel files, but there were too many things to fix.
>
> Where can I pick up a copy of Linus's USB driver? It does not seem to
> be included with my 2.2.5 kernel sources.

2.2.7 standard kernel. Beware, though, you can't even enable it by
default. If I were you, I'd wait for 2.2.8. Additionally, the current
drivers are *very* experimental from what I hear, and there's little
guarantee it would work with your mouse for the current release.

| Derek Moeller moeller at networksplus.net |
|     Linux for PowerPC User, Student    |
|   http://www.networksplus.net/moeller	 |
|    "aut inveniam viam aut faciam"	 |