USB under LinuxPPC

Derek Moeller moeller at networksplus.net
Wed May 5 10:06:30 EST 1999

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Sriranga Veeraraghavan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to compile USB support into the 2.2.5 kernel on
> LinuxPPC using the uusb driver.
>
> On my LinuxPPC machine I keep getting errors that the struct s_snode
> has no element named lock. I checked in usb-slist.h and this struct's
> definition does not have an element named lock, nevertheless it is
> referenced throughout the usb driver code.
>
> If anyone has been able to comple the uusb driver on LinuxPPC, I would
> appreciate some pointers.  Also if there is a version of the usb
> drivers that compiles with kernel 2.2.0pre6, I would like to use it,
> since the SMP support on 2.2.1+ has been quite buggy for me.
>
> Thanks,
>

> ----ranga <ranga at soda.berkeley.edu>

	I've used the 2.2.1 kernel from linuxppc.org
(/linuxppc/kernel/powermac/linux-pmac-2.2.1.tar.gz) that comes with USB
support patched into the kernel and in good working order. You could
probably patch the source up to 2.2.5 just fine.

| Derek Moeller moeller at networksplus.net |
|     Linux for PowerPC User, Student    |
|   http://www.networksplus.net/moeller	 |
|    "aut inveniam viam aut faciam"	 |