modifying boot loader

David A. Gatwood marsmail at globegate.utm.edu
Wed Mar 31 00:51:22 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Dave Weis wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, David Edelsohn wrote:
> > >       I doubt LinuxPPC will work on a 601-based machine.  The PPC601 was a
> > > POWER architecture chip with PowerPC user instructions added.

I'm not sure about the non-Mac parts of the code, but keep in mind that
the PowerMac 7500, and I think the 7200 (not sure about the 7300...) use
a PPC 601.  I haven't studied the LinuxPPC arch to see how that's
organized or how much overlap there is between the pmac-specific and the
non-pmac code, so I can't say much more than that.

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                         Visit globegate's internet
dgatwood at globegate.utm.edu                  talker, Deep Space 36
http://globegate.utm.edu                telnet globegate.utm.edu:9624