new bootloader

Michael Meissner meissner at cygnus.com
Wed Mar 24 00:39:14 EST 1999

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 10:27:51PM -0500, Michael Meissner wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 01:05:03AM -0700, Cort Dougan wrote:
> > Try the latest.  The OF and booting problem should be fixed.
>
> I tried 2.2.4-pre6.  It still has the problem that there is no way to setup the
> command line before booting like Gary's fixes had support for (and it ignores
> the command line that I setup with OF on the PowerStack-II).  It does recognize
> 128meg of memory, and it does reboot cleanly.  I haven't tried it yet on the
> original PowerStack with PPC1BUG (but that machine doesn't have a disk
> anymore, and I stripped some of its memory for my router).

I forgot to mention I used most of the common defaults instead of prep, adding
pc style parallel ports, pc style floppies, and removing a few mac ethernet
targets.  So except for the command line thing, it looks like a winner.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions
PO Box 98, Ayer Massachusetts, USA 01432-0098
meissner at cygnus.com