MVME 2306 almost up and running

David De Ridder s970707 at uia.ua.ac.be
Mon Mar 22 23:45:25 EST 1999

On 22 Mar 1999, Michael Lundkvist wrote:

> David De Ridder <s970707 at uia.ua.ac.be> writes:
>

> >  So, the kernel seems to be requesting those files (and receiving them ?).
> >  You could be right about the dynamic libraries. But, before I reinstall
> >  the entire root fs, I want to make sure *that* is the problem. Does
> >  any of you kind people have a statically linked program I could use to
> >  test, e.g. a Hello World program ?
> >

> Try /bin/rpm.

 Thank you ! The dynamic libraries seem to be the problem. You suggest to
 go for an R5 instead of R4 ? I noticed at several FTP sites that there
 are only so-called 'pre-R5' RPMS available. Are those the ones you mean ?

 Kind regards from rainy and traffic-congested Belgium,

|   David 'Septimus' De Ridder   | "Never underestimate the       |
|                                |  power of the soul unleashed." |
| <david.de.ridder at bitsmart.com> |   - 'Essence Flare', M:TG      |