MVME 2306 almost up and running

Michael Lundkvist ml at epact.se
Mon Mar 22 23:28:05 EST 1999

David De Ridder <s970707 at uia.ua.ac.be> writes:

>  So, the kernel seems to be requesting those files (and receiving them ?).
>  You could be right about the dynamic libraries. But, before I reinstall
>  the entire root fs, I want to make sure *that* is the problem. Does
>  any of you kind people have a statically linked program I could use to
>  test, e.g. a Hello World program ?

Try /bin/rpm.

>  BTW, the 'file' commando recognizes PPC binaries. But can it make a
>  distinction between statically and dynamically linked binaries (I know
>  it can for i386 arch) ? E.g., when I do a 'file' on my PPC init :
>
>  ``sbin/init: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1''
>
>  and on my i386 /sbin/init :
>
>  ``/sbin/init: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1,
>                statically linked, stripped''
>
>  Thank you,

[root at tss236 /root]# file /sbin/init /bin/rpm
/sbin/init: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
/bin/rpm:   ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1, statically linked, stripped

/Micke

--

Michael Lundkvist
Epact Technology AB