Where do we go from here?

Peter Bierman pmb at apple.com
Wed Mar 17 10:39:23 EST 1999

>With Apple Computers coming into the arena of Linux(PPC) territory, and since
>LinuxPPC is playing on Apple's territory, and since Power Macintoshes--unlike
>IBM compatibles--are closed systems, what will happen when Apple changes
>hardware architectures to a degree that the specifications for Apple hardware
>are out of reach for LinuxPPC developers or reverse-enginneered so late that

Why do you think Apple will take steps to intentionally sabotage LinuxPPC
work? Wouldn't the opposite seem more likely, given the history of Apple's
cooperation with Linux goals through mkLinux, and informal assistance to
LinuxPPC?

>Working closely with Macs and trying to get them to bend over backwards to
>act
>like secure, multi-user, network workstations made me sick. I also refused to
>learn ancient and doomed Macintosh APIs and needed a more challenging user

Not like you're bitter or anything, right?

Sounds too much like a troll. If you want to start a flame war, try
somewhere else.

-pmb

--
"UNIX shells in Mac OS X should be unneeded but functional...
                        and have the same installed base as MPW."