No-IDE kernel compile link errors

Paul Mackerras paulus at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 11 15:00:36 EST 1999

Steven Sartorius <ssartor at eclipse.net> wrote:

> I've had the same problem.  The only way I could get rid of all
> traces of IDE was to run 'make config' and tediously step through
> each kernel option.  A pain but it worked.

A useful trick if you just want to change one kernel option is to edit
your .config to delete that particular line, then say `make oldconfig'.
It will run through and just ask you about the option you deleted.
(Don't just change the line to what you want, because make config does
several other things like setting up autoconf.h and include/config.)

Paul.