[Linux SMP FAQ] Info request for SMP PPC systems Linux support
David.Mentre at irisa.fr
Sun Mar 7 04:28:28 EST 1999
[ as I'm not on this list, so please Cc: to me any answer. Thanks. ]
Hello all LinuxPPC developpers,
I'm the maintainer of the Linux SMP FAQ (see pointer below if you want
to have a look). Right know, this FAQ is very x86 centric but I plan to
change that. Looking at linuxppc.org, it seems that :
- support is beeing developed (by lead programmer Cort Dougan )for
PowerSurge boards. This includes the UMAX s900.
- support for SMP PowerMac is working.
So here are my questions :
1. what is the current status of SMP support for LinuxPPC? any table?
2. is there any specific things to do to make a PPC SMP system?
(kernel compilation, boot, etc.)
3. is there a mailing-list I should subscribe to to have further info
on this subject (i.e. SMP && PPC && Linux)?
4. any bench result of SMP system?
Thanks in advance for any info/pointer,
David.Mentre at irisa.fr -- http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/
Linux SMP FAQ: http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/smp-faq/
Opinions expressed here are only mine.
[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting. ]]
More information about the Linuxppc-dev