platinum video card not in kernels >2.1.128?

P. Barrette barretp at mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA
Tue Mar 2 09:09:30 EST 1999

I've been told that the new kernels 2.2.x no longer support the platinum
video driver which the 7200 uses;  but I note that there is a platinum
option in the config.  Since I have no OF and serial output dumps garbage
I can't confirm the platinum boot freeze problem.  Are there any ideas?
I'm going to test 2.2.2 from the cvs tree to see if it is still
problematic.  Any comments?

--------
Paul Barrette
Ph.D. Candidate Classics (Latin Literature)
System Administrator
McMaster University