The Kernel Known as vmlinux.blueg3

Randall R Schulz rrschulz at cris.com
Tue Jun 29 00:11:08 EST 1999

Hello,

I have a question and an observation on the kernel "vmlinux.blueg3"
distributed with R5/1999:

Q: What sources and configuration options are necessary to build this kernel?

O: Although the GZIP'ed files vmlinux.blueg3 and vmlinux.blueg3v2
have different sizes on the servers that carry them, once unzipped
they checksum identically. Presumably the different size of the
GZIP'ed form reflects different compression setting. Oddly, I read
one report of someone who claimed one of them work better or
differently than the other. Presumably that was due to some other
issue.

Thanks.

Randy Schulz
Mountain View, CA